Přejít na obsah

Daimler cancels all emails during holiday time.

Micky

Doporučené příspěvky

Daimler Germany has a policy of cancelling all employee emails received during holiday time. Employees are expected to work hard , but to take quality holiday time...

What do you think? 

This is an attempt at getting some comments......or I will give up posting.....

Micky

Odkaz ke komentáři
Sdílet na ostatní stránky

Don`t give up, learn Czech! 

But this is quite interesting news, personally I would appreciate that. The question is if people can take advantage of it and relax, or they`ll be`t be even more nervous. :)

The day that my Czech is good enough to post something,  I will be so old I will not remember what I want to write about!!

Odkaz ke komentáři

Its kind of cool if they realize that corporate rats that have no timemanagement send emails at 2:30 am and weekends and at the end such a behaviour is contraproductive.  

Definitelly can improove Mondays (I always had 300+ emails on Monday morning if I have not read them  during the weekend..)

Odkaz ke komentáři

• po 2 týdnech...

do you really need a policy not to respond to emails during hol's?

1. enable an automated out-of-office reply with a simple note 'I am out of office until xx/xx/xxx. in case of urgent issues pls call me on my cell phone'. such way you're not obliged to respond to the emails you've received during your hol's when you return back to the office

2. as soon as you get your morning coffee upon your return delete all your emails. if that matter was indeed an urgent one, the person will send you a reminder

it does work! ;)

Upraveno uživatelem IzTaPa
Odkaz ke komentáři

I think this is a bit different. It is the employer officially looking after their people,which is refreshingly nice.

I know  a company where people are expected to do an hour extra each day.......in the words of the boss ,to show that they are busy...... Village capitalism, in my opinion  Another company where they are not allowed to stay longer in the office.

The road most companies are going down,  of squeezing their people of every drop of juice is the road to hell. 

Odkaz ke komentáři

do you really need a policy not to respond to emails during hol's?

1. enable an automated out-of-office reply with a simple note 'I am out of office until xx/xx/xxx. in case of urgent issues pls call me on my cell phone'. such way you're not obliged to respond to the emails you've received during your hol's when you return back to the office

2. as soon as you get your morning coffee upon your return delete all your emails. if that matter was indeed an urgent one, the person will send you a reminder

it does work! ;)

thats theory only :/

I see the explanation why you are not prepared for  Tuesday  CEO meeting when the instructions were clearly sent on Friday night :lol2: 

Odkaz ke komentáři

Some of my clients get 40 emails daily........Go away for 2 weeks and.....

When a company says to its staff and customers .....No emails during holiday time , it is respecting and protecting their employees and saying....Work hard when you are here, but you need and deserve a rest....this will mean you will be more

productive when are are at work . Companies from other countries are more social to their people than here....it is a pity! A French company here and one in France are very different.....in general Czech people work better l and get a

worse deal from my experience.

Odkaz ke komentáři

People get a lot of needless emails because they are so easy to write and send. When we sent letters, people only did so when it was really important to communicate. People are copied in emails and have to spend time reading through text

which has nothing or little to do with them. Also because people do not know how to write good emails there are often too many words. I have calculated that the average person is about 20 minutes per day less productive due to reading and

writing bad emails.....For the average  company that is a lot of lost worktime. We live in an age where we email everyone, but we have never learnt how to do it.

Odkaz ke komentáři

• Vytvořit...