Přejít na obsah

Fotka
- - - - -

Daimler cancels all emails during holiday time.

• Pokud chcete vložit odpověď, přihlašte se
11 odpovědí na toto téma

#1 Micky

Micky

Učedník

• Member_50
  • 193 příspěvků(y)
  • Pohlaví:Muž
  • Bydlí:Strakonice
  • Fanoušek značky:The best advice I have ever been given is......Never eat yellow snow!!!

Publikováno 15.srpen.2014 - 14:31

Daimler Germany has a policy of cancelling all employee emails received during holiday time. Employees are expected to work hard , but to take quality holiday time...

What do you think? 

This is an attempt at getting some comments......or I will give up posting.....

Micky

#2 Rodkopf

Rodkopf

Megazávislák

• Member_50
  • 4 017 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 15.srpen.2014 - 15:06

Don`t give up, learn Czech! 

But this is quite interesting news, personally I would appreciate that. The question is if people can take advantage of it and relax, or they`ll be`t be even more nervous. :)

#3 tenge

tenge

Megazávislák

• Member_50
  • 3 427 příspěvků(y)
  • Bydlí:Hradec Králové

Publikováno 15.srpen.2014 - 15:07

It sounds as a reasonable ask for their employee...why not...but in this time many of them has a smartphones with inet connection..

Už nemám: Rolex No date plech 2005, Breitling SOH 42modre a mesh 10/2017,Rolex BLNR 116710, Rolex 14060M,Rolex Daytona TT 16523,,Rolex Explorer I (214270),Omega Speedmaster SpeedyTuesday, Hamilton Jazzmaster chrono H21, Breitling Seawolf, Rolex Explorer I 39mm 2012, Longines Legend diver no date 2008, Rolex Explorer I, IWC aquatimer 2000 g+t,Seiko SKX009,Seiko SKX007,Lumtec m22 wolfram, Zenith El Primero L.E. Charles Vermot, Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN,Steinhart ocean one, Omega Moonwatch sapphire, Perrelet Seacraft gmt, Sinn 103 St, IWC Aquatimer 2000, Roiex Milgauss W 116400, Rolex OP 39 blue, Breitling Navitimer 2010, Omega Speedmaster moon 3570.50 1998,Tudor Pelagos 2013,Omega Seamaster ceramic black, Rolex Sea-dweller 16600, Omega Speedmaster Moon - nová reference 2015, Breitling Colt automatic 2015,Breitling chronomat B01,Rolex GMT MASTER IIc 116710, Rolex 116400 Milgauss black, Breitling Avenger Chrono, IWC MARK XVI, Seiko Monster orange 2015, Chopard Grand turismo XL, Ulysse Nardin Marine Blue Max, Omega SMP Ceramic 2014, Rolex Explorer I 214270, Breitling Avenger Seawolf Grey, Nautilus L.E. Chronomag, Doxa sub 1000T Caribbean, Tudor Heritage Black Bay Blue 2014,Omega Planet Ocean 600m 2200.50.00, Breitling SuperOcean 44mm, Omega Planet Ocean 8500 42mm, Rolex Explorer II polar 16570, Seiko MarineMaster 300, Omega speedmaster moon 3570.50, Frederique Constant Worldtimer lim. ed., Steinhart GMT Pepsi 2014, ROLEX 14060M, Breitling SOH 46 mesh 2013 , Breitling Avenger II SeaWolf 2014, Panerai PAM312, PAM 424 California, Zenith DEFY HMS, Omega PO 8500, IWC Aquatimer chronograph 2013, Nautilus L.E. 2013, Steinhart ocean one black ceramic, Sinn 857 utc, Breitling steelfish superocean 44mm black, Ball engineer hydrocarbon chrono, Longines Legend Diver date, Ball engineer master II diver, Damasko DA47, Seiko snz11K1, Roamer (cca 1950), PRIM 66339 1 a další kousky..(seiko SNDZ20P1)

#4 Micky

Micky

Učedník

• Member_50
  • 193 příspěvků(y)
  • Fanoušek značky:The best advice I have ever been given is......Never eat yellow snow!!!

Publikováno 15.srpen.2014 - 15:19

Don`t give up, learn Czech! 

But this is quite interesting news, personally I would appreciate that. The question is if people can take advantage of it and relax, or they`ll be`t be even more nervous. :)

The day that my Czech is good enough to post something,  I will be so old I will not remember what I want to write about!!

#5 gougy

gougy

čím dál tím víc vintage

• Member_50
  • 8 392 příspěvků(y)
  • Bydlí:jak je třeba

Publikováno 15.srpen.2014 - 15:24

Its kind of cool if they realize that corporate rats that have no timemanagement send emails at 2:30 am and weekends and at the end such a behaviour is contraproductive.  

Definitelly can improove Mondays (I always had 300+ emails on Monday morning if I have not read them  during the weekend..)

#6 IzTaPa

IzTaPa

vecny zacatecnik

• Member_50
  • 4 033 příspěvků(y)
  • Fanoušek značky:PP

Publikováno 24.srpen.2014 - 12:55

do you really need a policy not to respond to emails during hol's?

1. enable an automated out-of-office reply with a simple note 'I am out of office until xx/xx/xxx. in case of urgent issues pls call me on my cell phone'. such way you're not obliged to respond to the emails you've received during your hol's when you return back to the office

2. as soon as you get your morning coffee upon your return delete all your emails. if that matter was indeed an urgent one, the person will send you a reminder

it does work! ;)

Tento příspěvek byl upraven od IzTaPa: 24.srpen.2014 - 12:56

iztapa<at>icloud.com... dokud nepojednou SZ

---

...hold your breath and count to ten...

#7 Micky

Micky

Učedník

• Member_50
  • 193 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 25.srpen.2014 - 07:15

I think this is a bit different. It is the employer officially looking after their people,which is refreshingly nice.

I know  a company where people are expected to do an hour extra each day.......in the words of the boss ,to show that they are busy...... Village capitalism, in my opinion  Another company where they are not allowed to stay longer in the office.

The road most companies are going down,  of squeezing their people of every drop of juice is the road to hell. 

#8 gougy

gougy

čím dál tím víc vintage

• Member_50
  • 8 392 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 25.srpen.2014 - 08:28

do you really need a policy not to respond to emails during hol's?

1. enable an automated out-of-office reply with a simple note 'I am out of office until xx/xx/xxx. in case of urgent issues pls call me on my cell phone'. such way you're not obliged to respond to the emails you've received during your hol's when you return back to the office

2. as soon as you get your morning coffee upon your return delete all your emails. if that matter was indeed an urgent one, the person will send you a reminder

it does work! ;)

thats theory only :/

I see the explanation why you are not prepared for  Tuesday  CEO meeting when the instructions were clearly sent on Friday night :lol2: 

#9 IzTaPa

IzTaPa

vecny zacatecnik

• Member_50
  • 4 033 příspěvků(y)
  • Fanoušek značky:PP

Publikováno 25.srpen.2014 - 08:33

thats theory only :/

I see the explanation why you are not prepared for  Tuesday  CEO meeting when the instructions were clearly sent on Friday night :lol2:

there are 5 emails in my inbox now, on my 1st day in the office after hol's... :)

iztapa<at>icloud.com... dokud nepojednou SZ

---

...hold your breath and count to ten...

#10 Micky

Micky

Učedník

• Member_50
  • 193 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 25.srpen.2014 - 11:21

Some of my clients get 40 emails daily........Go away for 2 weeks and.....

When a company says to its staff and customers .....No emails during holiday time , it is respecting and protecting their employees and saying....Work hard when you are here, but you need and deserve a rest....this will mean you will be more

productive when are are at work . Companies from other countries are more social to their people than here....it is a pity! A French company here and one in France are very different.....in general Czech people work better l and get a

worse deal from my experience.

#11 gougy

gougy

čím dál tím víc vintage

• Member_50
  • 8 392 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 25.srpen.2014 - 11:36

there are 5 emails in my inbox now, on my 1st day in the office after hol's... :)

congrats then :cheers:

(the amount boosts exponentially - actually faster than that.. with number of corporate rats that are "team essentials" ) :lol2:

#12 Micky

Micky

Učedník

• Member_50
  • 193 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 25.srpen.2014 - 11:37

People get a lot of needless emails because they are so easy to write and send. When we sent letters, people only did so when it was really important to communicate. People are copied in emails and have to spend time reading through text

which has nothing or little to do with them. Also because people do not know how to write good emails there are often too many words. I have calculated that the average person is about 20 minutes per day less productive due to reading and

writing bad emails.....For the average  company that is a lot of lost worktime. We live in an age where we email everyone, but we have never learnt how to do it.