Přejít na obsah

Foreigners thread Prim

Doporučené příspěvky

Hi!

First of all - many thanks to Honza.manta for this thread. It is very good idea. It will help to keep forum clear and tidy and non-Czech-speaking-users will not be left without help. Thank you!

Now - I would like to ask you to create

VINTAGE PRIM LINES RATING

There were many lines of vintage Prim watches ? Sport, TV, tractor and others. I wonder if some of them are better, more appreciated or wanted than other and ? if so - why? Maybe for Czech users it is clear and obvious but for non-Czech user who starts his adventure with Prim watches it is not clear at all. Is e.g. Prim sport "better" or "higher" on your wish lists than televize or not (or conversely)? If so - why?

Such rating would be very useful for beginners collectors.

So, Would you be so kind to create Prim line rating, please? And please do not forget to write why certain lines are at such and not other position on this list.

Thank you

Upraveno uživatelem Heinz
Odkaz ke komentáři
Sdílet na ostatní stránky

I think Elton sport is little higher than Prim sport. (with signed back)

So now I must write a question below  acceptable level - I am sorry :blush02:

Elton is a company, which produced Prim watches, isn't it? What is the difference between Elton sport and Prim sport?

EDIT

OK, I can see in google - I am sorry. Was elton a higher line of sport model?

And another question - where there any vintage lines that are now very rare, hard to get, that should be very high on the prestige pyramide?

Odkaz ke komentáři

In my humble opinion, the hard to get/rare pyramid between the named models is:

Orlik

Spartak - the name is written in script

Spartak - the name in regular alphabet

Elton Sport

Prim Sport - actually quite common but you have to be extremely cautious on the after market parts, not originating from the Elton company.  It is quite common that people on ebay or the local portal Aukro are selling watches with after-market parts, declaring it as original, asking a fortune.  Safe place to buy is here and one other portal in the CZ (runned by a local with long history connected to Elton)

From time to time, you are able to get beat-up model of the above, usually for hiked-up price. 

Odkaz ke komentáři

Elton Sport was made only for army divers with metal bezel. All pieces was signed.

Prim Sport was made for army divers in small batch (signed back)

Wathes for army have water resistance to 6 atm.

Civilian version of Prim Sport model have lower water resistance and plastic bezel.

What is the difference between Elton sport and Prim sport?

Odkaz ke komentáři

Thank you for explanation.

Would somebody be so kind to write names of all lines of vintage prims, please?

In one Polish web store there are prims with miyota movements. I understand that they came from MPM and not Elton. I know that there is a topic about Prim mark rights but it is very difficult for me to understand. Could somebody just in few words explain how it is possible to use the same logo by two different companies, please? I supposse it is not very good for Elton.

Thank you.

EDIT

I can see that Nové Město nad Metují is very near Polish border - do you know if Elton is open for visitors? Is there any museum of Prim watches? maybe I would go there during holidays...

Odkaz ke komentáři

Hello,

I think the problem arose in the 90´s, when the original Elton (Prim) failed to apply for the Prim trademark. MPM saw the opportunity and and registered the brand as their own. And I believe there is still an ongoing law suit between MPM and Prim. Hope this helps ;) In my opinion there are more desired models of Prim watches such as for example Prim Diplomat, TV an so on ;) And I dont know if you were able to find the information about the new book, which was written by one of the members of this forum, THere are photos of all of the models, which were produced in Elton (prim). :)

Upraveno uživatelem vašek12
Odkaz ke komentáři

I think the problem arose in the 90´s, when the original Elton (Prim) failed to apply for the Prim trademark. MPM saw the opportunity and and registered the brand as their own. 

I think MPM bought the trademark from Chronotechna, and Elton challenges Chronotechna's right to sell it. Basicaly it's all a big legal mess that originated in the 90's privatization process. There are still multiple ongoing lawsuits, but for now, there are MPM Prim watches (mostly cheap stuff from asia) and Elton Prim watches (mostly overpriced czech watches):).

Odkaz ke komentáři

ufff

každý z váš prim je prostě fantastická

each of your Prims is simply fantastic! :)

@JZED

velký krab obálka

wonderful crab-like case

The Crab-like case posted here

http://forum.chronomag.cz/index.php?/topic/32044-jak%C3%A9-primky-m%C3%A1te-pr%C3%A1v%C4%9B-na-ruce/page-323

was actually nicknamed by people around prim to SPIDER-case in Czech PAVOUK.

It is also originating in the beginning of the manufacture of Elton- I mean the old era (pre- 1989)

Upraveno uživatelem JZED
Odkaz ke komentáři

Could you tell me what is the position of current Elton production on domestic, Czech market please? Watches look great, have in-house movements, are "Czech-made" but not very cheap. There is strong competition from Japanesee, German or Swiss producers. Do Czech people like PRIM. Do they buy PRIM watches? Is PRIM popular? Or is it "small scale" producer and seller?

And what about abroad? Is Elton selling watches outside CR? If so, to what countries?

Thank you.

Odkaz ke komentáři

Elton watches from new production are overpriced.

There are several patriots buying new watches.

Vintage watches are much more popular.

Nobody tell you the right numbers but IMHO Elton is small scale producer/seller.

Could you tell me what is the position of current Elton production on domestic, Czech market please? Watches look great, have in-house movements, are "Czech-made" but not very cheap. There is strong competition from Japanesee, German or Swiss producers. Do Czech people like PRIM. Do they buy PRIM watches? Is PRIM popular? Or is it "small scale" producer and seller?

And what about abroad? Is Elton selling watches outside CR? If so, to what countries?

Thank you.

Odkaz ke komentáři

Thank you.

From my perspective ? perspective of citizen of country which has not such watch company ? Elton is a real treasure. It is a treasure because it is really Czech what means that it is not bought by big, foreign firm. It has quite long tradition. Watches are really Czech designed and really Czech made, not just assembled. They are good and reliable. Design is just perfect ? not too modern or trendy but also not too old-fashioned. Watches are just in size ? not too heavy, not too big (I suppose from picuters in the net because to be honest I have never seen modern PRIM). Sport means just sport and nothing more and elegant line is simply elegant in best meaning of this word. For me this watches are symbol of Czech philosophy of life (or rather my imagination of such philosophy) ? which is not ?more, more, more? or ?higher, higher, higher? policy regardless of human or environmental costs but is humanistic, fair, honest, not too fast and close to each single human being.

I know, know I am writing about watches - just things or even gadgets, nothing more. What watch has common with philosophy of life ? you will ask? It has! Aren?t we watch-holics? Don?t we put a huge piece of soul and heart in each of our watch? Don?t we love our watches? For most of us watch is much more than just tool for checking the time.

Backing to Elton - the price of PRIM is not very low indeed. From perspective of my wallet it is a pity that Elton does not have lower budget line but I understand that it is such policy of company, which is directed to certain segment of the market. So, till I am more rich I will be fan of the company only in platonic way. But the first day I am reach I will buy few models of PRIM because I feel that protection or rather support of small, national, traditional companies against unificated, international corporations are our duty and obligation for Earth and our children. Small is beautiful J And I really believe that watch you wear tells a little about your philosophy.

Well, I have promised I would avoid trolling but this post is definitely not very much watch-related. I am sorry.

Odkaz ke komentáři

Pokud chcete odpovídat, musíte se přihlásit nebo si vytvořit účet.

Pouze registrovaní uživatelé mohou odpovídat

Vytvořit účet

Vytvořte si nový účet. Je to snadné!

Vytvořit nový účet

Přihlásit se

Máte již účet? Zde se přihlaste.

Přihlásit se
  • Vytvořit...