Přejít na obsah

Marathon Watch

Mike.

Doporučené příspěvky

Předmět: Novinky u Marathon Watch Company ? část 4.

V poslední části volného seriálu o novinkách u Marathon Watch Company představím potápěčské hodinky - GMT Arctic Ranger (produktové číslo WW194020), které ale žádnou žhavou novinkou nejsou, protože se o jejich ?tajemné? existenci ví více než rok! Ale to je zhruba tak všechno, co se o nich ví. :mad:

Marathon Watch Company rozhodně nespěchá se zveřejňováním detailů. Dokonce nejsou známy jediné živé fotky. Jsou k dispozici pouze počítačem vytvořené vizualizace:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Něco málo technických dat o modelu WW194020 je na stránkách výrobce:

• Black face with both 12 and 24 hour dials (inner central 12 hour dial register represents local time and outer dial register ring represents home time using 24 hour GMT hand)
  • 30 ATM with black dial includes 2 sub-dials, one at 9 o'clock position which indicates AM/PM (of the local time) and the other at 6 o'clock position which indicates local date
  • GMT function must include "local time" rapid hour corrector
  • Top pusher advances local time forward by one hour, lower pusher adjusts local time backward by one hour
  • Luminous hands and hour markers
  • Unidirectional bezel with 120 clicks
  • Water resistant to 30 ATM (300 meters/1,000 feet)
  • Sapphire crystal
  • Minimum 21 jewel automatic movement
  • Stainless steel case 50mm diameter by 19 mm thick
  • Three screw-down pushers and one crown
  • Vulcanized rubber bracelet with stainless steel buckle
  • Light sources for dial and hands (hour, minute and GMT) provided by self-lighting tritium tubes
  • 3 year warranty for parts and labor

GMT Arctic Ranger

patří do rodiny velkých hodinek CSAR/JSAR. I největší fanouškům značky Marathon ale asi vyprchá nadšení pří pohledu na cenu ? 3600 USD ve vládním systému GSA Advantage! :crybaby: To je také jediné místo, kde se (zatím) dají objednat pro americké federální organizace a agentury.

Kombinace vysoké ceny a nákupní nedostupnosti zatím spolehlivě způsobuje, že nikdo dosud nepublikoval fotky reálných hodinek. A nelze očekávat, že by se na tomto podivném stavu něco změnilo. Marathon Watch Company zcela ve své ?tradici? vyvíjí nulovou marketingovou aktivitu.

P.S.: Podle mého skromného odhadu volba názvu hodinek ?Arctic Ranger? nebude úplně náhodná. Marathon Watch Company, který vše orientuje na vládní zákazníky, si názvy nevymýšlí pro bombastický komerční marketing. Naopak volí ryze praktické názvy podle předpokládaného použití hodinek. A není náhodou, že v loňském roce kanadská vláda rozhodla o posílení vojenské přítomnosti na Kanadských arktických souostrovích a přilehlých vodách s cílem ohlídat své mezinárodní nároky na Severozápadní průjezd, neboli námořní komunikaci budoucnosti spojující Atlantický a Tichý oceán (arktický ledový příkrov skutečně postupně ustupuje).;)

Odkaz ke komentáři
Sdílet na ostatní stránky

Dotaz - copak je to za strap? Dík

Gasgasbones BR01

Gasgasbones jsou na zakázku/objednávku dělané nylonové řemeny. Vyrábí je v Londýně Carl Evans neboli "gasgasbones" (Gas Gas byla jeho oblíbená značka španělských trialových motorek a Bones byl jeho volací znak u RAF).

Kromě zakázkové výroby jsou k mání i některé "sériové" kousky - jako tyto imitující NASA Velcro strapy pro Omega Speedmaster Professional (Moonwatch). Asi nepřekvapí, že je také dvorním dodavatelem nylonových řemenů pro britskou značku Bremont.

Jeho webové stránky (www.gasgasbones.com) jsou bohužel mimo provoz, tak sem alespoň dávám odkaz na jeho Twitter profil. Pohybuje se také na různých zahraničních hodinářských webových fórech. Na Watchuseek (WUS) má uživatelské jméno jednoduše "gasgabones" (a jeho avatar je vlajka RAF!).

Zajímavý rozhovor s ním je na tomto odkazu, kde je i pohled do jeho suprově vyzdobené "dílny".

Odkaz ke komentáři

• po měsících...
  • po 4 týdnech...
  • po měsíci...
Návštěvník Gint

Ahoj, doporucite mi nejakeho spolehliveho prodejce hodinek Marathon v Evrope? Konkretne mam zajem bud o TSAR nebo SAR. A v jake cenove relaci se pohybuje "postovne/clo/vse co se okolo posilani ze zahranici musi platit? Diky Gint

Odkaz ke komentáři

Protože v tomto diskusním vlákně byla položena otázka na použití hodinek Marathon v kanadských a amerických ozbrojených silách, tak jsem připravil další informace k tomuto tématu, které nebyly na Chronomagu dosud publikovány. Pro autentičnost to celé ponechávám v angličtině.

1) Historie vzniku modelu SAR pro Kanadské ozbrojené síly

forums.watchuseek.com/f74/what-logic-behind-marathon-sar-70691.html

"The Canadian Government approached Marathon Watch Company to manufacture a more robust watch for their Search and Rescue Technicians. They requested a watch which could withstand the rigors of work in the most hostile of environments, including Artic conditions. Marathon subsequently contacted the owner of County Comm, Nick, with the required specifications. The goal was to produce a watch which could meet these specs with as low a failure rate as possible and which could provide legibility and ease of use. Nick contacted Bob, a SAR diver and owner of the Military Watch Resource (MWR), and Jim M., a government machinist, to help with the development of these watches. Several prototypes (built by Jim M.) were created and tested in a number of severe conditions, which included SAR diving, rappelling, shooting, and climbing. Members of MWR were invited to submit input and refinements, and consequently, the term "Marathon SAR" was coined on the MWR Forum. Marathon has continued to refer to the watch simply as: "Watch, Wrist, Diver, 30ATM". The first of these watches were delivered to the Canadian Ministry of Defense on 11/16/01."

forums.watchuseek.com/f7/pj-wearing-sar-126455-2.html

If you ever get a chance, you might ask someone like Bill Yao of Mk II, John Peterson of Bathys Hawaii and Michael Kobold of Kobold Watches about the complexities of watch design, particularly dive watch design. I am sure all would tell you that it's a bit more than just ordering parts out of a contract manufacturer's catalog, at least if you want something that is very specific to you needs. In the case of the SAR, it's my understanding that while the Canadian Coast Guard already had good experience with an earlier automatic dive watch that Marathon supplied for their Search and Rescue Techs, they were looking for something better suited for the cold water enviroment the watches were expected to be used in. And while G-Shocks are used by a whole lot of military and special ops personnel from many countries, it may have more to do with their low cost and durability, rather than whether it is best fits the desired function. The SAR's timing bezel needed to be easy to use with thick winter dive gloves, and the dial easy to read in less than ideal lighting conditions, and in extreme cold (worn outside the dive suit). The SAR prototypes were tested by people who dive for a living. And the watches, while not as inexpensive as a G-Shock, are still way less expensive (especially to the government) than say a Rolex Submariner. Now, whether a Seiko dive watch would not have been fine is a question I can't answer (I'm wearing a 6309 diver as I write this), other than to say that the SAR's 2824 movement can be hacked and hand wound when needed, and the Seiko 7S26 cannot.

A co na to řekl Bob (owner of the Military Watch Resource (MWR)), který se na jejich vývoji podílel:

Oftentimes watches are designed by committee. A committee that may understand ISO specs and steel hardness, but have never actually used the watches for their intended purpose. To set the record straight, Marathon came to us for help because we had end-user knowledge of what a SAR-TECH might want on a watch. I myself have been a SAR Diver for over 20 years and I realized the shortcomings of most dive watches were that although often robust enough, were clearly designed by desk divers who never actually had to dive for a living. One of the first things I advised the design team was the fact that 99% of dive bezels including Rolex are hard to turn underwater. That's why the SAR series of watches have a tall bezel. There were a lot of other considerations, but that is it in a nutshell.

2) A svědectví o jejich použití členy kanadské záchranné a pátrací služby (Search and Rescue Technicians)

www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45626

I had the pleasure of having a couple drinks in the wardroom with a couple Canadian SAR Techs yesterday from 442 Squadron (Comox, British Columbia), who dropped by Vancouver on their CH-149 Cormorant for a day's R&R.

I took the liberty of asking one of them about what they think about their issued watch: the Marathon GSAR. One SAR Tech relies on it heavily -- for everything from jumps to rescues in the open ocean, in all conditions... everything but diving (where he prefers not wearing a watch). The bezel and insert of the GSAR was pretty beat up after being issued to him about 5 years ago, but has survived everything he's put it through. He noticed that it only loses about 5 seconds a month. He had changed the rubber strap to a cheap stainless steel bracelet.

The only thing I noticed different than the civilian SARs is the serial number: It read 02/XX/87 .. I don't remember the numbers in the XX.

The other SAR Tech said he gave the watch back because it was just too big for his small wrists.

3) A svědectví o použití hodinek Marathon řady SAR členy amerických ozbrojených sil

forums.watchuseek.com/f7/pj-wearing-sar-126455-2.html

During a helicopter rescue mission en route to a military hospital, Staff Sgt. P., right, and Staff Sgt. S., both Air Force Pararescuemen, or "PJs," of the 58th Rescue Squadron, treat an Afghan National Army soldier with a gunshot wound to the back, in Kandahar province, southern Afghanistan, Thursday July 29, 2010. The PJs and helicopter aircrews are part of the U.S. Air Force's 451st Air Expeditionary Wing based at Kandahar Air Field, which provides a variety of air assets in southern Afghanistan. (AP)

Posted Image

A Marine with 4th Force Reconnaissance Company, 4th Marine Division, attaches an altimeter to his wrist in preparation for free-fall parachute training over Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Jan. 21. The force recon Marines parachuted from an Air Force C-17 transport aircraft over Marine Corps Base Hawaii to fulfill specialty-based sustainment training requirements. They were joined by Air Force pararescuemen from 103rd Rescue Squadron, 106th Rescue Wing, New York Air National Guard, and West Coast-based Navy SEALs.

Posted Image

Odkaz ke komentáři

• po 4 týdnech...

Ahoj,

na tohle fórum moc často nezavítám, ale nedávno jsem si pořídil své první pořádné hodinky, tak by se slušelo poslat aspoň fotku a pár slov.

Už dlouho jsem pokukoval po nějakých jednoduchých, odolných military hodinkách bez zbytečných serepetiček, které by bylo možno tahat do lesa, na výzkumy, na motorku, prostě všude. Dlouho nic, až mi padl do oka základní model Marathonů - General Purpose quartz with Maraglo WW194009.

http://www.marathonw...z-with-maraglo/

Jsou opravdu puristické, ale vzhledem k faktu, že jsem před nimi nosil 18 let nezničitelné Casio MQ-24, je to volba vcelu pochopitelnáPosted Image.

Snad se budou fotky líbit,

Kuba

post-19048-075543700 1331406174.jpg

post-19048-063366400 1331406193.jpg

post-19048-090058900 1331406306.jpg

post-19048-039049700 1331406327.jpg

post-19048-022410800 1331406365.jpg

post-19048-006842400 1331406382.jpg

Upraveno uživatelem Kubajz
Odkaz ke komentáři

• po 4 týdnech...
  • po 3 týdnech...
  • po měsíci...

Ahoj, jsem tu teda absolutně nový, ale Marathony konkrétně JSAR mě maximálně trápí. To jsou konečně pořádný hodiny, které jsem vždy chtěl. Úplně jsem se položil, když jsem zjistil, že tu byly na prodej. Sehnat je asi nebude žádný med, ale co tady http://www.topspecus.com/shop/category/marathon-watches/ ? Máte s tím někdo zkušenost? Dík

Odkaz ke komentáři

Pokud chcete odpovídat, musíte se přihlásit nebo si vytvořit účet.

Pouze registrovaní uživatelé mohou odpovídat

Vytvořit účet

Vytvořte si nový účet. Je to snadné!

Vytvořit nový účet

Přihlásit se

Máte již účet? Zde se přihlaste.

Přihlásit se
  • Vytvořit...